Friday, March 9, 2012

EverGreen Fine Fresh Foods




Today was an amazing day I had lunch with two lovely friends in a new Vegetarian Deli in Englewood, NJ. New in the sense that they just started serving a totally Vegetarian menu with Vegan options. The owner has owned the store for 16years! What is new is that he became very Ill with heart problems he had surgery and is doctor told him if he does not change his eating habits he was not going to make it! He became vegetarian lost 45 pounds and was feeling Fantastic!! Then he said as he was preparing all that chicken everyday his conscience awakened. Here is how he explains it , as I was boiling, chopping, broiling, chickens I noticed all these chicken parts every where and I just could not do it any longer I was really feeling bad for all the chickens. I severed 800 people a day but I did not want to cook animals any longer!!! I feel that this is such a beautiful and natural transformation as we start to eat a plant based diet this does happen very naturally. When I first changed my eating habits I gave up Meat first. I was eating cheese ,chicken and fish with my veggies then one day I just could not stand the taste of chicken any longer it made me so sick. Then I gave up cheese and yogurt, I saw how much mucus I had and the terrible pains in my stomach I would get from eating dairy. Lastly about one year ago I really could not stand the smell or taste of fish. If everyone would try this it really does happen naturally and on its own you do not feel deprived you really do not want to eat animals at all. Evergreen fine fresh foods is a raw jewel for NJ as in Bergen County I cannot even find a Juice bar never mind a Vegetarian restaurant. Their food is so fresh the place is clean, the staff members are kind and Happy people and some of them are getting their certificate in Yoga and they feel that they want to give back to the community! You can refill your water bottles for free and the food is delicious! You can get Wheat grass and fresh pressed Juice. This is big for NJ we need more places like this that is why I am asking all my Vegetarian and Vegan friends to go and support them and Enjoy this amazing food!

Love Light Laughter,
Agatha

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Agatha, I too loved Evergreen. I found it difficult to choose among such a diverse & appealing daily menu. I specially enjoyed standing while we ate at a communal rustic table. The owners & their employees were very thankful & friendly to all customers. I highly recommend you visit Evergreen.

    ReplyDelete